Business Development Specialist
About the Role
Calibrant Digital has an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded Business Development Specialist. We are looking for a proactive, driven and personable individual to identify and develop key strategic customer relationships on behalf of our team in New York City. The ideal candidate has experience in direct marketing strategy and customer acquisition, and is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. Your goals will include business development activities and driving company growth through acquisition of new clients. You will be responsible for prospecting and advancing our sales infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impactful role in a fast-growing mission-driven organization.
We have high expectations for our team & their level of professionalism. You’ll be empowered to do more, think faster and work smarter alongside your peers.
- Target, build and maintain a robust pipeline of relationships in the insurance, financial services, subscription and other verticals
- Strong understanding of direct marketing acquisition, industry trends, and consumer needs
- Accountable for driving revenue by prospecting and cultivating new relationships
- Identify, qualify, engage and secure leads and prospects through cold calling, emails and social media
- Attend designated trade shows and conferences to build awareness
- Schedule initial prospecting meetings and calls for internal team
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships
- Maintain prospect contacts and all outreach efforts with internal CRM consistently, accurately and on a daily basis
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in proven business development
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently while reaching prospecting goals
- A strong understanding of direct to consumer marketing acquisition strategy and program development
- Effective written, verbal, visual & interpersonal communication skills
- Able to engage with all levels of an organization, especially with key stakeholders
- Manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently while achieving prospecting goals
- Exceptional skills in seeking/identifying new opportunities, prospecting, cold-calling, networking, follow-up, negotiating, and closing
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with rejection
- Proven ability to sell in marketing services, navigate organizations, develop rapport and influence others
- Strong financial and business acumen augmented with solid analytical skills
- Aptitude to imagine new opportunities and develop creative approaches to problems solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Contact Management Systems
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to partner/client sites, conferences, etc.
We provide a professional & fun atmosphere in a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Permanent, On-site NYC Midtown Office