Business Development Specialist
Who We Are
Adrea Rubin Marketing, Inc. is a direct to consumer marketing agency creating customized solutions that drive measurable results for our clients. Since 1990, ARM has taken a 360-degree view on integrated multi-channel marketing strategies to help its clients acquire, retain, monetize, and reactivate customers. Adrea Rubin Marketing is certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Counsel (WBENC) as a diversity vendor.
In October of 2017, ARM opened its sister company Calibrant Digital. Calibrant Digital redefines and re-imagines how our partners reach and interact with their customers. Our partners rely on our multichannel online marketing solutions. Through targeted email, social media, display, search, lead generation and video across a full array of devices, we create meaningful engagements with the right customers.
About the Role
Adrea Rubin Marketing and Calibrant Digital has an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded Business Development Specialist. We are looking for a proactive, driven, personable, and analytically-minded individual to identify and develop key strategic customer relationships on behalf of our team in New York City. The ideal candidate has experience in direct marketing strategy and customer acquisition marketing services, a strong understanding of the financial services landscape, and is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. Your goals will include leading the business development activities and driving company growth through acquisition of new clients. You will be responsible for prospecting and advancing our sales infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impactful role in a fast-growing mission-driven organization.
We have very high expectations of our team, their level of professionalism and the attitude they bring every day. We’re passionate about what we do, and we are 100% customer-focused. You’ll be pushed to do more, think faster, work smarter and challenge your peers.
What you get to be/do in this role:
- • Target, build and maintain a robust pipeline of relationships in the insurance, financial services, health and subscription verticals
- Accountable for driving revenue by prospecting and cultivating new relationships
- Identify, qualify, pitch and secure leads and prospects through cold calling, emails and social media
- Attend designated trade shows and conferences to build awareness as requested
- Research leads and prospects through internet research and utilizing industry research tools
- Schedule initial prospecting meetings and calls for internal team
- Contribute to the development of internal tools / KPI to measure prospecting success and report as necessary to internal team
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships, both internally and externally, at all times
- Maintain prospect contacts and all outreach efforts in Zoho consistently, accurately and on a daily basis
- Provide thought leadership to drive process improvements in all areas of prospecting engagement
- Deliver timely and accurate info through completion of all required business reviews
- Strong understanding of direct marketing acquisition, industry trends and consumer needs
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in proven business development, preferably in the financial services space
- Must be self-motivated, persistent and able to work independently while maintaining a sense of urgency for reaching prospecting goals
- A strong understanding of direct to consumer marketing acquisition strategy and program development
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Able to engage with all levels of an organization, especially with key stakeholders
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving prospecting goals
- Exceptional skills in seeking / identifying new opportunities, prospecting, cold-calling, networking, follow-up, negotiating, and closing
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with rejection
- Proven ability to sell in marketing services, navigate organizations, develop rapport and influence others
- Strong financial and business acumen augmented with solid analytical skills
- Ability to rapidly absorb and understand new information
- Aptitude to imagine new opportunities and develop creative approaches to problems solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Zoho
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to partner/client sites, conferences, etc.
We provide a professional (but fun) atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and positive attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
Job Type: Permanent, On-site NYC Midtown Office
For immediate and confidential consideration please contact:
CFO, Adrea Rubin Marketing, Inc.